We're looking for a Treasury Analyst to join our team in London on a fixed term contract basis. The Treasury Analyst will take responsibility for carrying out the key deliverables for the Treasury Front Office supporting the Treasurer to plan and execute daily cash management, manage group debt facilities and interest rate/FX hedging programmes. They will also provide Treasury reporting and MI, assist with Month/Year end accounts, support projects, and assist in the development of Treasury Management System.
- Overview of the Group’s daily Treasury Report, including calculating projected close of day positions for centrally controlled cash pools and foreign currency accounts from bank balance reporting systems and deposits and Money Market Funds positions. The daily cash process will require the previous day’s cash to be reconciled and any variances investigated as well as supporting any banking related queries.
- Daily cash management of the Group’s cash by managing bank accounts and pooling agreements and investing surplus cash in the money market and overview of Treasury payments.
- Responsible for the recording of external and internal transactions in the Treasury Management Systems and maintenance of required static data.
- Assisting in the management of Group Debt facilities and liaise with Treasury Operations Analyst to prepare debt rollover and drawdown notices and payment of interest on debt.
- Management and execution of the Group’s interest rate hedging and/ or FX programmes and settlement of any interest rate and/or or FX derivatives for hedging purposes and validation of mark to market values.
- Supporting the treasury team in the production (and development) of the weekly and monthly Treasury reports. Undertake project based and ad hoc analytical work as required to support treasury operations.
- Support for cash management requirements arising from M&A activities.
- Support and involvement in projects across the group, including payment initiatives under our ERP replacement programme.
- A significant contribution to our legal entity rationalisation programme. This will include business transfers and concentration of our activities into a smaller number of operating companies and bank accounts.
- Assist in preparation of short-term cashflow forecasts and analysis of movements against actuals and revised forecasts.
- Support all month end procedures to support the closing reporting/accounting requirements.
- Maintain necessary reporting to comply with Control Self-Assessment Framework/Internal Audit requirements.
- Liaise with Treasury Operations Analyst to manage Audit Letter process with external auditors for Group’s Annual Financial Reports.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of Treasury Management System and assist IT function in maintaining operational integrity of the system.
- Assist in maintaining Bloomberg system and provision of ad hoc analytics.
- Assist business in ad hoc banking requests and enquiries.
- Provide Backup support/holiday cover to the Treasury Operations Analyst and Financial Administration team in processing of same day/international/BACs payments.
- The successful candidate is likely to be degree educated and undertaking or already completed, a professional qualification such as AMCT or an accounting related qualification. They will have previous experience in a similar corporate treasury front office function, during which time they will have had exposure to the Money Markets as well as Treasury Management System(s) and electronic banking platforms. Cash Management experience would be beneficial as is the ability to manage relationships with the key stakeholders. They will be a strong communicator and team player with good IT and Excel skills and keen to continue their treasury development.
- Must have had recent exposure to Treasury Management System(s) and electronic banking platforms
- Good demonstrable Microsoft Excel and Financial modelling skills, as well as knowledgeable use of Bloomberg or Reuters would be advantageous
- Highly organised and excellent accuracy and attention to detail. Able to work on variety of tasks on a daily/weekly basis. Able to use own initiative and ability to work under tight /multiple deadlines
- Ability to work closely with colleagues both in person and remotely and enjoys working with diverse range of people, including senior management
- Good problem solver with intellectual curiosity
- Flexible and proactive with tasks and responsibilities
What We Offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 25 days of holiday per year – with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Pension, Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Life Assurance; Income Protection and Critical Illness covers
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
- Volunteering opportunities
- Season ticket loans
In addition, we offer flexible benefit packages that include Childcare Vouchers; Cycle to Work; Retail Vouchers; Gourmet Card; Gym Flex; Gadget Insurance, Health Assessments and Will Writing.
Ascential is a specialist, global, information company that helps the world’s most ambitious businesses win in the digital economy.
Want More Info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?