We're looking for a strong Trend Researcher to join our team in Hong Kong and become an integral part of our Consultancy function.
We are looking for a curious, intelligent and forward-thinking individual to provide world class trend research for our advisory service. Ensuring delivery of the highest quality research across all their Mindset projects and acting as a support to their senior colleagues, they should constantly be striving to deliver high quality, insightful analysis.
The Trend Researcher will contribute to the development & growth of the Mindset regional team, responsible for the creation of unique research, they will possess an interest in culture, fashion, design or creative and have excellent analytical skills and good writing ability.
- Responsible for conducting primary and secondary qualitative research for client projects, identifying key themes and trends from the research to form clear & actionable analysis
- Using established frameworks and tools to conduct analysis and build trend forecasts
- Leveraging WGSN core content as well as external research sources, they will be responsible for making recommendations that contribute towards answering client’s briefs
- Supporting and collaborating with senior colleagues, they will be responsible for working to client’s brief and delivering impactful, high quality insights, presentations and visual materials for workshops
- Acting as a support to their senior colleagues they should be commercially aware and strive to work within given time frames and budgets
- Play an active role in project management and admin tasks, collaborating & supporting their senior colleagues and the wider WGSN content and sales teams where appropriate
- Ensuring creative & strategic standards of all outputs are in line with the wider Mindset standards of delivery
- Strategic mind set with excellent research, analytical skills and writing ability
- Experience of qualitative research methodologies & frameworks and familiar with research within the consumer, cultural, market, product development, retail or communications industries
- Able to navigate across cultures, English and Mandarin fluent speaker & writing skills. Other languages an advantage
- Able to demonstrate time management, prioritisation and multi-tasking skills
- Both creative & commercial, they should be excellent in all forms of collaboration & communication including presentation & writing skills
- Curious and flexible, this role will constantly strive for excellence and push to exceed client expectations and industry standards
- Familiar with general computer use including Microsoft word, excel, PowerPoint and outlook
- Good working knowledge of Adobe software keynote an advantage
What We Offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- Annual leave
- House and rental tax benefit
- Fitness subsidy
- Private medical insurance
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
At Ascential, our goal is to create a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel comfortable in bringing their authentic selves to work. We want all Ascential people to feel included and truly empowered to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Everyone who applies will receive fair consideration for employment. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For more information on our culture, visit Ascential.com.
We offer insights and inspiration from around the globe. We help our customers stay ahead and informed through trend forecasting and data science. We believe inspiration comes from the monumental and the mundane.
If you’re passionate about fashion and lifestyle this is a great place to be, giving you the opportunity to work with the world's most creative trend experts, designers, editors, account managers, marketers, product developers, customer service experts and much more in a meritocratic, high performance company.
WGSN is an Ascential brand. Ascential is a specialist, global, information company that helps the world’s most ambitious businesses win in the digital economy.
Want More Info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?