We're looking for a VP – Mergers and Acquisitions to join our team in London. As VP of M&A, you will lead the team responsible for Ascential’s global acquisitions, disposals, investments and partnerships. M&A has been a key component of the Ascential story, and since our IPO in 2016 we have executed a large number of acquisitions (One Click Retail, MediaLink, Warc, Clavis, Brandview and Flywheel) and disposals (Health Service Journal, EMAP, MEED and Ascential Exhibitions). We are looking for an exceptional individual to continue to lead this important area.
- Identify and evaluate acquisition opportunities:
- Ensure the team builds and maintains a filtered pipeline of acquisition opportunities that help deliver Ascential’s strategy, through direct out-reach and external channels e.g. M&A advisors, diligence providers and operational teams
- Assess potential opportunities based on commercial fit and financial performance
- Build relationships with potential targets/acquirers based on knowledge of the sector and “sell” the Ascential vision Manage the creation of detailed business plans for acquisitions and disposals in conjunction with brand leaders and group the strategy team
Post-Completion transaction work including:
- Knowledge transfer and support to key integration and migration team members
- Supporting the drafting of earn-out and completion statements
- Working with the legal M&A director and wider finance team on any post-transaction adjustments to the consideration or payments of additional consideration, retention, escrow, etc.
- Substantial experience (6+ years) in investment banking or in-house M&A – experience of leading deals end-to-end preferably in the information services and/or technology space
- Highly commercial mindset – able to quickly assess opportunities
- Exceptional technical modelling skills – valuation models, earnouts and business plan
- Excellent financial knowledge: understanding of P&L (ARR, billings net revenue, one-off costs), cashflows (capex, working capital profile) and balance sheet. ACA/ACCA/CFA qualified
- High levels of gravitas and influencing skills - building relationships internally and externally and managing stakeholders
- Strong leadership skills and experience managing large cross-functional deal teams
- Proven commercial negotiation skills across all aspects of a deal – demonstrable ability to achieve advantageous outcomes
What we offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 25 days of holiday per year – with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Bonus, Pension, Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Life Assurance; Income Protection and Critical Illness covers
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
- Volunteering opportunities
- Season ticket loans
In addition, we offer flexible benefit packages that include Childcare Vouchers; Cycle to Work; Retail Vouchers; Gourmet Card; Gym Flex; Gadget Insurance, Health Assessments and Will Writing.
We also place great importance on health, lifestyle and wellbeing consistently, in which you will have the options to fuel up on free fruit, attend yoga sessions, join our running club, or perhaps taking up on a lunchtime massages.
Ascential is a specialist, global, information company that helps the world’s most ambitious businesses win in the digital economy.
Want more info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us