We're looking for a VP, Brand to join our team in London and set the overarching Ascential brand strategy - overseeing the development and execution of all brand communications across our global business.
This is a new role in the organisation and is vital for the next stage of our growth due to the criticality of taking colleagues, customers and investors of Ascential on a journey.
The VP, Brand, will operate as a core member of the wider Marketing leadership team and will be expected to contribute to the future strategic development of the wider business and global function, your key responsibilities will include:
- Own and champion the Ascential (master brand) brand strategy, ensuring the Ascential value proposition is articulated through clear market positioning and brand vision.
- Translate the Ascential brand vision into a strong and compelling brand story and plan, that resonates with our customers, drives awareness and builds preference.
- Lead, motivate and support direct reports, holding regular 121s that focus on delivering the brand objectives, whilst spending time driving a clear plan for ongoing personal development.
Internal brand development
- Champion the brand internally and ensure understanding and internal alignment of our brand story throughout the business.
- Ensure our brand is expressed in a consistent way internally across all touchpoints, from how we present at inductions to our approach to customer care.
- Support HR in developing and using our brand as a tool for recruitment and employee engagement.
- Work with external and internal creative teams to deliver assets to be used across all channels.
- Aligning with the Chief Content Officer, co-ordinate content creation and distribution across our owned and earned channels – including the website (to drive SEO) and social media.
- Closely manage creative and production agencies, ensuring they meet objectives on time and on budget.
- Establish new and strengthen existing partnership relationships with like-minded brands to increase the authenticity of our brand, extend our reach and build awareness.
Note: Other responsibilities include; Media Relations, Social Media, Reporting, Budgets & Measurement
- Significant senior strategic brand leadership experience gained within a business-to-business, globally matrixed organisation
- Expert knowledge of brand marketing techniques, tools and platforms
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to build rapport and credibility across internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- Outstanding leadership and project management skills - leading high performing teams and executing successful projects - with an eye for detail and high standards of execution
- Globally-minded and comfortable working with people from different cultural backgrounds
- Ability to combine a balance of commercial results-delivery with creative and entrepreneurial flair
- Well-organised, logical and efficient. Process-driven with strong attention to detail
- A self-starter with an ambitious spirit, able to handle parallel work streams resourcefully and at pace, working both independently and collaboratively
What we offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 25 days of holiday per year – with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Pension, Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Life Assurance; Income Protection and Critical Illness covers
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
- Volunteering opportunities
- Season ticket loans
In addition, we offer flexible benefit packages that include Childcare Vouchers; Cycle to Work; Retail Vouchers; Gourmet Card; Gym Flex; Gadget Insurance, Health Assessments and Will Writing.
Ascential is a specialist, global, information company that helps the world’s most ambitious businesses win in the digital economy.
Want more info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?