About the role
Following a period of significant investment in China, we are looking for a VP of Marketing to set the overarching Ascential brand strategy and lead the execution of marketing programs to drive profitable growth for the region.
In addition to develop and lead the delivery of an overarching master brand strategy, the VP of Marketing, China, will work collaboratively across the organisation and country leadership to ensure the execution of effective and impactful [Segment/Brand] marketing plans in-market.
The VP of Marketing, China, will operate as a core member of both the China and Marketing (function) leadership teams and will be expected to contribute to the future strategic development of the wider business and global function.
- Own and champion the Ascential (master brand) regional marketing strategy in support of the overall regional business plan.
- Develop a deep understanding across all Ascential customer groups, instil this insight at the heart of regional marketing planning to develop best in class, game changing campaigns that position Ascential as a leading specialist, global, information brand.
- Responsible for the continuous development of the Ascential brand, increase brand awareness and brand loyalty.
- Work in collaboration with the Marketing Perfomance & Automation team to optimise the brand marketing budget across organic and growth channels ensuring the right media mix, attribution and efficacy.
- Lead and co-ordinate strategic marketing programming with industry and media partners for Ascential and across all [Segment/Brands].
- Lead the management of all agency partners and build capability of local teams to foster best-in-class agency partnerships
- Build strong relationships with all respective counterparts including Segment /Brand Marketing Leads, Content, Product, Operations, to ensure consistency of message, brand, content, product positioning.
Segment / Brand Co-ordination
- Work collaboratively with Brands (Edge, Warc, Money20/20, WGSN) to oversee the execution of highly effective marketing campaigns and plans across the region to ensure an integrated and culturally appropriate narrative.
- Enable and support localisation, ensuring all marketing activities feel local and personal; represent region within the global Marketing Leadership forum.
- Conduct and disseminate regular metrics reviews and AARs (after action reviews) on projects including results, lessons learned and best practices.
- Provide day-to-day guidance to the China based Marketing teams with a focus on strategic alignment, quality of execution, and career progression.
- Lead the co-ordination of all regional marketing resource to deliver master brand activities as required (e.g. events)
- Line management of x1 Head of Communications, China
- Significant senior strategic marketing and brand leadership experience gained within a globally matrixed organisation – direct exerpience of leading a marketing team in China a must
- A strong track record in business-to-business marketing with a mix of digital and offline experience and proven creative excellence
- Team management experience is required
- Natural partner engagement skills with the ability to develop rapport and translate established relationships to programs that impact the business
- Excellent English & Mandarin written and oral communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Globally-minded and comfortable working with people from different cultural backgrounds
- A start-up attitude – highly collaborative with an entrepreneurial, roll-up-your sleeves attitude that’s not afraid to work independently when required
Our application processes
This link will redirect you to our careers page which will ask you to create an account to upload your CV; application time is a 1-3 minutes simple process.
What we offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- Annual leave
- Private medical insurance
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
Ascential is a specialist, global, information company that helps the world’s most ambitious businesses win in the digital economy. Our information, insights, connections, data and digital tools solve customer problems in three disciplines:
- PRODUCT DESIGN via global trend forecasting service WGSN;
- MARKETING via global benchmark for creative excellence and effectiveness Cannes Lions and WARC and strategic advisory firm MediaLink;
- SALES via retail and eCommerce strategy and analytics products from One Click Retail, Clavis Insight and Planet Retail RNG, the world's premier payments and FinTech congress Money20/20, global retail industry summit World Retail Congress and Retail Week.
Ascential also powers political, construction and environmental intelligence brands: DeHavilland, Glenigan and Groundsure.
Want more info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?