We're looking for a VP Marketing Performance & Automation to join our team and become an integral leader across our global Marketing function.
Reporting to the CMO, the VP Marketing Performance & Automation will be responsible for leading all aspects of enterprise marketing technologies, performance analysis and marketing data/insight across the Ascential Group.
Your principal responsibility will be to manage a multi-disciplined, internationally based team, providing shared services across a range of in-house and 3rd party marketing applications (enterprise) that are required to truly support the customer journey across all portfolio businesses.
A key focus of the role initially will be the establishment of a centralised marketing performance function with the goal of driving increased effectiveness and efficiencies.
This will require undertaking:
- A full evaluation and audit, in conjunction with internal stakeholders from the Business, Technology, Sales and Marketing functions of workflows supporting the current marketing model.
- Creation of a full programme of works to implement new ways of working, including marketing automation, CRM, marketing websites and landing pages and email service provision, with the goal of ensuring consistent Ascential wide standards.
- Establishment and deployment of a multi-disciplined team to deliver programme and newly established shared service, consisting of subject matter experts, 3rd party vendors and digital agencies.
Thereafter, the VP Marketing Performance & Automation will:
- Be the champion and thought leader on digital engagement leveraging best practice for commercial advantage
- Identify the most appropriate digital platforms, tools and systems to support overall digital engagement and communications strategies, partnering with technology to implement where appropriate
- Evaluate and manage the digital engagement ecosystem devising strategies to drive traffic to chosen channels including organic SEO and PPC
- Establish robust measurement frameworks to ascertain return on investment, provide insight for creative and effective implementation of a wide variety of campaigns and provide regular reporting for key stakeholders
- Oversee web analytics reporting to improve usability, design, content and utilise them to adapt strategy initiatives
- In conjunction with the [Brands/portfolio businesses] marketing teams, be accountable for delivering a compelling narrative to customers by advising on the most appropriate content across all digital channels, to grow and engage digital audiences
- Manage and support procurement of shared applications, vendors, agencies and associated marketing technologies, managing investment to scale.
- Inspire, develop and manage a team of digital professionals across multiple geographies to innovate and drive the use of digital channels (website, social media etc) best practice.
- Manage and optimise the use of customer data through collaboration with the group data and insight team
- Evolve and execute the data strategy, structured and unstructured, to support marketing operations.
- Audit and ensure all components of the marketing technology stack meet standards for GDPR and Infosec
- Experience in developing and implementing digital engagement strategies and frameworks within international organisations.
- In depth knowledge of digital engagement channels and demonstrable networking and awareness of emerging trends globally.
- Clear understanding and demonstrable experience of working with internal customers to execute and measure a global digital engagement strategy to achieve commercial objectives.
- Commercial acumen and ability to demonstrate return on investment.
- Previous experience of leading and managing a team of digital marketing professionals.
What we offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 25 days of holiday per year – with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Pension, Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Life Assurance; Income Protection and Critical Illness covers
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
- Volunteering opportunities
- Season ticket loans
In addition, we offer flexible benefit packages that include Childcare Vouchers; Cycle to Work; Retail Vouchers; Gourmet Card; Gym Flex; Gadget Insurance, Health Assessments and Will Writing.
We also place great importance on health, lifestyle and wellbeing consistently, in which you will have the options to fuel up on free fruit, attend yoga sessions, join our running club, or perhaps taking up on a lunchtime massages.
Ascential is a specialist, global, information company that helps the world’s most ambitious businesses win in the digital economy.
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?