About the role
We’re looking for a VP Product to join our team in London. As part of our Technology function, your key responsibilities will include:
- To own the digital product vision (who is the product for / what problem does it solve / why is it worth solving / how should it be packaged, priced and positioned), the digital customer experience, roadmap prioritization and also form the business plan and the associated investment case across the products
- To build the capabilities (people, processes, methodologies, etc) to enable the events product group to continue to innovate going forward, applying best-in-class user centric design principles to the next generation of digital products.
- To collaborate closely with the events engineering team, notably the CTO, to ensure that objectives and processes are aligned.
- To build a first-class product management function, ensuring that the right people, practices, processes and structures are in place to facilitate rapid and scalable product delivery
- PRODUCT VISION AND EXECUTION: Will have extensive experience in developing and scaling customer-led product. Will bring a strong end-to-end understanding of product, customer experience and technology. Will be exceptional at driving prioritisation across a product portfolio, deeply user- and customer-focused, and passionate about optimising the journey across all touch points. Will ideally have B2B and/or commerce experience but a broad range of backgrounds will be considered; natural curiosity is prized above specialisation.
- AGILE APPROACH – Will be an evangelist for agile / lean product development techniques, rapid prototyping and ‘getting out of the building’. Will celebrate progress not perfection, and move quickly.
- CHANGE AGENT: Will have a proven track record of leading an organisation through change. Will ideally have experience in agile transformation programmes, system harmonisation and insourcing (from scratch). Will be able to inspire people to re-align their ways of working and thinking behind a common vision.
- TECHNOLOGY-LITERATE: Will be technology-literate, and comfortable debating the product and technology roadmap with the CTO. Will ideally bring experience in content management platforms and/or structured or unstructured data systems.
- ANALYTICAL, PRAGMATIC & COMMERCIAL: Will be a structured and analytical thinker, taking a logical, fact-based approach to strategic decision-making. Will be highly pragmatic, capable of ruthlessly prioritising and making trade-offs between buy/build/partner (with associated budget management experience). Will have strong commercial acumen, comfortable with budgeting, forecasting and selling.
- COMMUNICATION & STAKEHOLDER MANAGEMENT: Will be a proactive and effective communicator across the Ascential and Ascential Events leadership teams, building strong relationships with all the relevant stakeholders, and gaining the insights necessary to create a compelling product vision, strategy and roadmap. Will be a strong voice for the Product function.
- LEADERSHIP AND TEAM MANAGEMENT: Will be an inspiring, engaging people leader, able to set a vision and bring people with them. Will have a strong record of attracting, developing and retaining high-performance product teams. Will know how to put in place the right people, structures, processes and practices in order to create a first-class product management function.
What we offer
Our benefits package incorporates what we’re passionate about – unlocking your future, overall well-being and sustainability – whilst giving you control over your benefits.
- 25 days of holiday per year – with the option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
- Great learning and development opportunities
- Bonus, Pension, Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
- Life Assurance; Income Protection and Critical Illness covers
- Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
- Volunteering opportunities
- Season ticket loans
In addition, we offer flexible benefit packages that include Childcare Vouchers; Cycle to Work; Retail Vouchers; Gourmet Card; Gym Flex; Gadget Insurance, Health Assessments and Will Writing.
We also place great importance on health, lifestyle and wellbeing consistently, in which you will have the options to fuel up on free fruit, attend yoga sessions, join our running club, or perhaps taking up on a lunchtime massages.
Ascential is a specialist, global, information company that helps the world’s most ambitious businesses win in the digital economy.
Want more info?
Find out more on what our people say:
If we inspire you, why not join and inspire us?